Top Social

Podcast planning

Tuesday, April 30, 2019
- First - a description of my object and reasoning behind choosing it

- Historical exploration of previous owners and how the pot came to be in Durham

- Consideration of the other 8 bowls in the bequest and a brief introductory comparison

- Techniques behind making the bowls

- Historical Context of Persian pottery

- Themes: Imagery, Geometry, Arabesque, Calligraphy

- Focus on the Minai masters

- Conclusion: Contemporary value at auction and look to the future

I had to cut down my podcast a lot from the original research that I had garnered for it because of time limitations but I hope I made the right decisions in where the material should come from in the end for a nicely flowing and interesting talk.


Post Comment
Post a Comment